You will need insurance for a special event, and will probably need a licence. You will also need to arrange traffic diversion signs.
You will be responsible for the safety of the event, including the safe closure of the roads.
You can also find general advice from The Street Party Site.
To apply for a temporary road closure, you will need to:
- submit your application at least six weeks before you want to close the road
- confirm that you agree to accept the condition clauses
- confirm that you have contacted Essex Police, and have got their approval
- confirm that you have contacted bus companies, if the road is on a bus route
- include a copy of your public liability insurance for a minimum of £5,000,000
Once we receive your application, we will:
- acknowledge your application within ten days of receiving it
- visit the road and confirm that:
there is an alternative route around the road, so that the closure does not cause problems with traffic flow
the closure will not be an inconvenience to other road users or nearby residents
the closure will not cause a health and safety hazard
If you want to object to a temporary road closure, you should contact us. We will consider your objection when we make our decision.
If we reject your temporary road closure, you will not be able to close the road.