We use contact forms so that your query goes to the right place with all the information we need. This means we will be able to help you quickly and efficiently.
Each service area has its own contact form. You can find the relevant form in each section of the website.
We don't publish email addresses. Email is not a secure way of sending information and our contact forms mean that we can ask you for the right details.
You can contact us by phone by calling the service you need. You can find the relevant phone number in each section of the website.
You can also call our main number, which is 01245 606606.
If you call this number, you will need to use our automated system.
To use the automated system, you need to clearly state the service or person you want to speak to.
The automated system recognises voices, and if there is a lot of background noise, it may not be able to recognise who you need.
If you have problems using the automated system, say "Customer Services" to be put through to one of our Customer Services Advisors.
You can visit us in person at the Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre during our opening hours.
At the Customer Service Centre, we have:
- a Reception, where you can ask general questions, hand in documents or book to see an advisor
- self-service payment machines, where you can make a variety of payments, including:
- Council Tax
- Business Rates
- parking fines
- overpaid Housing Benefit
- resident parking
- self-service desktop computers, where you can access our online services, including:
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction applications
- housing register applications
- planning applications
You can download a map of how to get to the Civic Centre.
You can contact us by post using our address, or using the post box at the Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre.
If you are submitting an application or payment by post, you should address it to the relevant service.
We check our post box regularly, but the most reliable way to contact us or make a payment is online.
By visiting the Mobile Customer Information Service
We visit 17 rural communities in the Chelmsford area, so that you can access our services at your local village hall, shop or Post Office.
At the Mobile Customer Information Service, you can:
find out how to get help with benefits and Council Tax
report environmental problems
get free replacement recycling sacks and dog waste bags
discuss local issues
You can check our schedule of visits to find out where we visit, and when we will be visiting.
Contacting the Press Office
You can contact the Press Office if you have comments or queries about our press releases, or need any further information.
You can contact:
- Laura Ketley (Senior Communications Officer), for queries relating to Corporate Services, Financial Services and Sustainable Communities
Call: 01245 606795
- Samantha Dordoy (Communications Officer), for queries relating to Public Places, Community Services and our social media.
Call: 01245 606459
- Phil Chittock (MEET Assistant), for queries relating to staff communication
Call: 01245 606986