Chelmsford City Council

Essex moved to Tier 2 restrictions on Saturday 17 October. You can find out what this means and get other useful information on our coronavirus updates page.


Temporary road closures

You can apply for a temporary road closure if you are holding a street party or special event and want to close the road.

The application process and requirements are different for street parties and for special events.

Your event is a street party if:

  • it's only for neighbours and residents

  • you only publicise it to residents

  • it's taking place in a quiet residential street

  • you are organising it yourself 

Your event is a special event if:

  • it's a parade, procession or social gathering

  • anyone can attend

  • you widely publicise it, such as in the newspaper or on social media

  • a professional organiser is arranging it 

Whichever application you make, you need to apply at least 10 weeks before your event.

Mandatory field

Is there something wrong with this page