We offer MOTs at our Freighter House test centre.
We do not test motorcycles, three wheelers or quadbikes.
You need to book a timeslot for your MOT online, before you arrive at the test centre.
We do not complete any repairs to vehicles.
We have regular timeslots Monday to Friday, and will complete your MOT test while you wait in the public reception area.
To book an MOT, you will need:
- to make your booking at least 12 hours before you need the test
- your name, address and contact details
- your vehicle registration
- to pay the correct price for your vehicle type, using a debit or credit card or PayPal. We don't accept American Express
- the DGW, if your vehicle is a Class 7
Once we receive your booking, we will:
- acknowledge your booking and payment automatically by email and text message
- confirm your timeslot
- send you a reminder 24 hours before your test
On the day of your MOT, you will need to:
- arrive 15 minutes before your timeslot at Freighter House, Drovers Way, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 5PH
- report to the public reception area when you arrive
- wait in the public reception area while we carry out your MOT
- bring your log book
If you cancel your MOT less than 24 hours before your test, we will still charge you the full amount.
- Class 4 - Cars (up to 8 passenger seats): £50.50
- Class 4 - Goods vehicles (up to 3,000kg DGW): £50.50
- Class 4 - Motor caravans: £50.50
- Class 4 - Private passenger vehicles (9 to 12 passenger seats): £52.50
- Class 7 - Goods vehicles between 3,000kg and 3,500kg DGW: £53.50
Prices are valid until 31 March 2023
If your vehicle fails the MOT, you need to take it for repair.
We will carry out a free MOT re-test after repairs if you return within 10 working days of the failure date.
You will still need to book a timeslot before you return for the free re-test.