Chelmsford City Council

Report a parking issue

We issue parking fines (PCNs) to illegally parked vehicles.

Where there is no parking restriction

Unless there is also a parking restriction, we do not investigate reports of vehicles parked:

  • across a driveway (unless it prevents access to a private property)
  • on the pavement
  • on the verge

If there are no parking restrictions, but the vehicle is causing an obstruction, you should report it to Essex Police online or by calling 101.

Where there is a parking restriction

If you think a vehicle is illegally parked where there is a parking restriction, you can report it to us.

Report now


To report a parking issue, you will need:


  • your name and contact details
  • the location of the illegally parked vehicle
  • details of the illegally parked vehicle, including the registration number, make, model and colour


Once we receive your report, we will:


  • acknowledge your report

  • visit the location to investigate the report as soon as possible

  • report back to you on the outcome of our investigation


We do not operate an immediate response service, but we will attend as soon as possible.



    Mandatory field

    Is there something wrong with this page

    Go to: