CSAC exercise classes
At Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre we have a wide range of group exercise classes on offer every week, each with their own benefits.
We have modern ground floor studios, accessible changing facilities and expert instructors.
Our new ground floor studio replaces our old free weights area and has recently been refurbished to include an updated colour scheme, a brand new flooring and lighting system and speakers. Both our studios are now at ground floor level and making them more easily accessible.
We're also running more of the classes you love, including a mix of group cycle, cardio, strength, HIIT, core and mind and body classes.
Classes marked with a * are for over 16s only. Others are suitable for those 14 years old and over.
- 30 minutes: £5.40
- 45 minutes: £6.50
- 60 minutes: £7.60
- Forever Fit: £5.10
- Young at Heart £4.30
- 30 minutes: £4.60
- 45 minutes: £5.70
- 60 minutes: £6.70
Save money by upgrading to a monthly Premium membership
Our exercise classes are very popular, we advise booking in advance.
- book online or via the app with an ourChelmsford card
- call us on 01245 605666
- visit CSAC to book your place
You can book onto classes:
- You will need to book a session in advance to guarantee your space.
- If you do not check-in, we will charge you the full amount for the session.
- Please make sure that you have registered your email address with us in order to book online.
- You will not be allowed entrance to the class if it has already been running for five minutes or more.
- To allow time for changeovers, classes will finish five minutes before the advertised time.
Our brand new fast track entry
We have a brand-new fast track entry pod to make checking in for your gym sessions and classes quicker and easier.
Simply tap your phone on the top of the new check-in pod when you arrive and you'll automatically be checked in without having to go to reception.
You must have the free Chelmsford City Sports app to use the pod. Membership cards and wrist fobs will not work on the check in pod.
The pods look like this:
On top of the pod there will be a check-in tile that says "tap or scan for access".
- Open the Chelmsford City Sports app on your phone. You must be logged into the app to use the pod.
- On the app homepage, there will be a button that says "Check in."
- Click the check in button. Your phone camera will open. You can scan the QR code or tap your phone on the tile to check in.
- When you are correctly checked in, the pod will turn green. If the pod turns red, please go to reception.
- If you want to use a locker, you can either use a £1 coin to release the key, a trolley token, or exchange the value of £1 for a £1 token at reception. This money will be returned to you when you return the token.
- There is a male group changing area and a female group changing area.
- Accessible changing is available.
Our Easter ice show is back!
Journey into wonderland with our amateur production of Alice in Wonderland on ice!
Don't Consider Commit!
Take advantage of your free* trial this March!
Easter fun for everyone!
Discover our kids holiday camps and courses, plus our creche, soft play, family swim and family ice skating.
Term time sports schools
Term time lessons for kids in swimming, ice skating and athletics.
Get active around Chelmsford
From Heart and Sole walks to Forever Fit and Play in the Park, discover sport and activity all over Chelmsford.
Upgrade and save
Get a Plus account and save on a range of activities for just £15 per year.
Interested in a career in leisure? Apply for one of our diverse opportunities across all four centres.