Careers at our Sports Centres
Every member of staff at our sports centres plays their role, working within a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment.
We have a range of career opportunities throughout our sports centres. We might not be advertising for all these roles all the time, but you can get an idea of the sorts of opportunities we can offer.
Poolside (Riverside and SWF)
- Lifeguards and Senior Lifeguards
- Pool Supervisors
- Swimming Instructors and Assistant Swimming Instructors
Ice Rink (Riverside)
- Ice Rink Assistants
- Ice Rink Supervisors
- Athletics Sport Coaches and Assistant Sport Coaches (CSAC only)
- Creche Supervisors and Assistants (Riverside only)
- Group Exercise Instructors
- Gym Instructors
- Party Hosts
- Sports Coaches (coaching in varying disciplines) and Holiday Camp staff (City Camps Leader and Assistants)
- Admin roles, including Membership Sales and Course Co-ordinators
- Cleaning Assistants (Riverside)
- Duty Managers and departmental managers
- Leisure Assistants (CSAC)
- Maintenance staff (Riverside)
You can view all our current vacancies.
If you want to find out more about our career opportunities, then undertaking work experience with us is a great place to start.
We occasionally offer work experience opportunities at our sports centres which prioritise students attending a school or college in Chelmsford who are 15 to 18 years old.
We are currently accepting applications for work experience at Riverside Leisure Centre between May and July 2024.