You will need to book the following sessions in advance (this includes monthly members):
- Monday to Friday: public swimming sessions before 8.30am and after 7pm
- Wednesday and Friday: 4pm session as the flume will be open
- Saturday and Sunday: public swimming sessions
- Fun sessions
- Saturday and Sunday public swimming
- Musical splash
- Fun sessions
To book these sessions, you can:
For all other sessions, you can get your tickets on the door, or monthly members can tap through the barrier.
Each individual customer must have their own ourChelmsford account to book.
We are a cashless centre.
- If you are a multi-site monthly member, you can tap straight through the barrier with your ourChelmsford card, sticker, fob or wristband.
- If you need to pay for swimming you will need to go to reception. This will activate your ourChelmsford card and allow you through the barriers.
- If you have forgotten your card you will need to collect a barcode from reception or a kiosk to get through the barriers.
- If you can't attend a session that you have booked onto, you must cancel at least two hours before it starts.
- You can cancel online or via the app, or by phone.
- We will charge you the full amount for the session if you do not cancel in time, or if you do not attend. This includes monthly members.
The pools complex, including the changing area is a shoe-free zone, this includes the removal of flip flops. You will also need to leave buggies in the buggy park.
To keep everyone safe, we operate adult to child ratios and maximum capacity at our swimming pools.
Children that are seven years and under can’t use the pool by themselves.
A person 16 years or over can accompany:
- One child that is under four years
- Two children that are under four years if they are wearing buoyancy aids, such as armbands or a float suit
- Two children that are between four and seven years.
Swimming with children
Children who usually wear nappies, must wear a swim nappy in the pool. You can purchase these from reception for £1.70 each.
The group changing areas have baby changing facilities available.
Lockers and changing rooms
- There are individual cubicles, a male group changing area and a female group changing area.
- A Changing Places area and accessible changing facilities are available.
- If you want to use a locker, you will need a £1 coin to release the key. You will get the £1 back when you return the key.
- You can by buys Zoggs swimwear, goggles, floats and more at reception.
- Fins, paddles, mermaid tails and snorkels are not allowed in the pool.