Make a splash at an aqua class at Riverside Leisure Centre for a fun, low impact way to get fit.
Exercising in water builds cardiovascular stamina, strength, and flexibility, helps burn body fat, increases circulation, and can help you rehabilitate healing muscles and joints.
You can attend a class in shallow end if you aren’t too confident in water, or in deeper water if you want a challenge.
Great for toning up, Aqua aerobics is a pool based exercise class that will increase your heart rate and work your muscles against the resistance of the water.
Aqua aerobics is similar to a land-based aerobics class, but because it is in the water, it places less strain on your joints.
This is class runs for 45 minutes and is a medium intensity session.
- 45 minutes: £7.90
- 60 minutes: £8.90
- 45 minutes: £7.10
- 60 minutes: £8.10
Save money by upgrading to a monthly Premium membership
Our exercise classes are very popular, we advise booking in advance.
- book online or via the app with an ourChelmsford card
- book by calling 01245 615050
- book when you visit Riverside
You can book onto classes:
- You will need to book a session in advance to guarantee your space.
- If you do not check-in, we will charge you the full amount for the session.
- Please make sure that you have registered your email address with us in order to book online.
- You will need to collect a ticket from reception when you arrive for your class.
- Monthly members can swipe through the barrier and register their attendance.
- You will not be allowed entrance to any class if it has already started.
- To allow time for changeovers, classes will finish five minutes before the advertised time.
- If you want to use a locker on poolside, you will need a £1 coin to release the key. You will get the £1 back when you return the key.
- There is a male group changing area and a female group changing area located on poolside.
- Accessible changing facilities are located on poolside.
The pools complex, including the changing area is a shoe-free zone, this includes the removal of flip flops.