Gym at Riverside
No matter your age, shape, size or experience, Riverside gym is the place for you. Our brand new, state of the art, 130 station gym is a light, airy space with views over the river.
There is a wide range of equipment you can use including:
- the best Technogym equipment that is accessible to all
- Arena Rig functional training frame (please check the class timetable for Arena classes using the rig).
- free weights with up to 50kg dumbbells
- plate-loaded weights machines
- Olympic lifting platform
- sled track
You will have expert gym instructors on hand to support you as you achieve your health and fitness goals, from losing those first kilos to training for a marathon.
If you want some one-to-one help in the gym, you can also book personal training sessions.
Our gym is open to those aged 14 and over, but younger children can use our Move It junior gym sessions.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 6am to 10pm
- Tuesday and Thursday, 6am to 10pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 6am to 7pm
- Bank holidays, 9am to 5pm
- Monday to Friday, from opening to 9am, and 5pm to 10pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 6am to 12pm
Off peak times
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 12pm to 7pm
- Standard: £7.40
- Discounted (under 21s): £6.40
Off peak prices
- Standard: £6.40
- All discounted: £5.40
Save money by upgrading to a monthly Premium membership.
Before you use our gym, you will need to have an induction with one of our fitness instructors.
You can book an induction by calling us on 01245 615079.
During the induction you will discuss your goals, learn how to use the equipment safely and effectively, and get a personalised exercise programme.
At Riverside you will receive a Technogym key with your programme on, which allows you to use the equipment in the gym. You will also have access to the mywellness App, where you can follow your progress. You will also be able to track your exercise outside of the gym, link other fitness trackers and create your own programmes.
You will also get a full body composition assessment and health check.
Our instructors are on hand every time you come to use the gym, to answer any questions, or update your programme.
- Monthly members: £11.50
- ourChelmsford Lite card holders: £23
- ourChelmsford Plus card holders: £23
If you lose your Technogym Key, you will need to pay to replace it.
- For your first visit to the gym, you will need to book a gym induction by calling 01245 615079
- Once you have had your induction, you do not need to book to attend the gym.
- If you have an ourChelmsford Premium membership, you can tap straight through the barrier.
- If you need to pay for the gym you will need to go to reception to pay and activate your ourChelmsford card.
- If you have forgotten your card you will need to collect a barcode from reception or a kiosk to get through the barrier.
- If you require use of the lift to access the first floor, you will need to go to reception to activate your ourChelmsford card.
- There is a male group changing area and a female group changing area located by studio 2 on the first floor.
- A Changing Places area is located by studio 1 on the first floor.
- Lockers with number keypads are located in the dryside changing room near the gym on the first floor.
- We offer Move It! junior gym sessions for people aged between 10 and 13 years.
- You will need to book a session in advance online. Find out what sessions are running on our class timetable.
- Last entry to the gym for under 16s will be 5pm on weekdays, and they will be required to leave the gym by 5.30pm, unless accompanied by a paying parent or guardian.
- At weekends, under 16s can stay until the gym closes at 7pm.