Chelmsford City Council Leisure Centres are currently closed due to Coronavirus
Our leisure centres may be closed, but you can still access exercise class and workout videos and helpful hints and tips to help keep you healthy. You can find videos on the Chelmsford City Sports Facebook page, or the Riverside Leisure Centre Youtube channel. You can also find helpful information about health on the Sport for Confidence website.
About Direct Debits, payments and refunds
- All direct debits will be frozen with immediate effect. This covers all Wellness memberships, Swim School, Skate School, Sports School and Patch memberships. You do not need to do anything – we will freeze your payments automatically
- We will not be offering a partial refund for March Direct Debit payments at his stage. This will be reviewed once we have a date for reopening but we will ensure that customers don't lose out financially.
- Please do not cancel your direct debit with your bank. This will result in a delay in resuming your membership when we re-open
- We will give all members advance notice of when their direct debits will start again once we are able to confirm when we will be re-opening our centres
- Anyone who has paid an annual fee will have their membership extended
- All children’s holiday courses, parties and any other pay-as-you-go activities will be refunded automatically. There is no need to contact us, we will be in touch to process your refund, please allow up to 7 days for refunds to be processed.
- So that we can get in touch with people who have urgent bookings, we have a favour to ask of you. Please don’t call us for a refund in the coming days if you have a booking that isn’t coming up for a while. We will be in touch with every customer who needs a refund, but we will have to do this in date order.
About Beauty and the Beast on ice
- Beauty and the Beast ice show has now been cancelled, and will return Wednesday 31 March – Sunday 4 April 2021.
- Your tickets will automatically transferred to the April 2021 show, so if you would like to keep your seats, you don’t need to do anything.
- However, any ticket holders who would like a refund instead simply need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and booking reference number before 1 July 2021. All refunds will be processed within 28 days of the request.
Thank you for your understanding and take good care of yourselves in the coming weeks. We’ll contact you soon with regular content and tips from our team about how to stay healthy at home, and if you haven’t already done so, sign up for www.chelmsford.gov.uk/mailinglist.
For the latest updates from us on coronavirus, you can visit www.chelmsford.gov.uk/coronavirus
For the latest information from the government, you can visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus