Monitoring our performance
We continually monitor our performance against:
- our Local Development Framework targets (up to May 2020)
- our Local Plan targets (from May 2020)
We adopted the Local Plan on 27 May 2020.
A number of documents make up the monitoring framework, and we update them each year.
The documents help us to monitor:
- the amount of housing being built
- population growth
- economic growth
Read the Annual Monitoring Report for 2021-22.
Housing supply for the next five years
The Objectively Assessed Housing Need (OAHN) is linked to the growth in jobs, and predictions for how many houses we will need in future. Using the OAHN, we can maintain a steady supply of housing for the next five years by:
- ensuring there are enough homes available
- identifying enough land for development
This housing supply is on a rolling basis, and is called the Five Year Land Supply.