Current call for sites
The SHELAA is open all year round, meaning you can submit a new site or amend an existing site on a rolling basis.
- submit a new site, that has not previously been included within a call for sites or SLAA submission
- update or amend a site that is already on our call for sites or SLAA database (amendments can include adding or removing land, providing additional details, or changing ownership)
if you have submitted a site through the SHELAA, you can request further advice about your site with our Spatial Planning Team, for a fee.
The SHELAA New Sites Submissions 2021 and SHELAA Amendments to a Submitted Site 2021 facilities are now open until the end of June 2022.
This is to align with the Regulation 18 Consultation (Issues and Options), which is scheduled for Quarter 2 of 2022 as set out in the Chelmsford Local Development Scheme 2021-2025, published in November 2021.
Previous calls for sites
To identify available land for all types of use, we held a call for sites in:
- winter 2014
- winter 2015/16, alongside the new Local Plan Issues and Options consultation
- spring 2017, alongside the Preferred Options Consultation
- spring 2018, alongside the Pre-Submission Consultation
- November 2018 through to December 2019
Following each call for sites, we published an annual report.
The annual report does not allocate sites for development. It does, however, provide information that we used to prepare our adopted Local Plan and will use in forthcoming Local Plan reviews.
Chelmsford Policy Board considered the latest annual report on 4 June 2020.