Secure cycle parking
The Chelmsford Smart Hangar Scheme (CSHS) is a new way to safely store your bike in Chelmsford city centre. We currently have three ‘bike hangars’ holding six bikes each.
You can find them in:
- Can Bridge Way (by Meadows Surface car park)
- Market Road (by the public toilets)
- Market Square (on the corner of Cornhill and Bellmead)
The scheme provides a pay-as-you-go secure place to leave your bike whilst visiting the city centre and costs £1 per hour or £3 for a full day. You need to access the scheme via the FalcoSmart mobile app.
How to use the bike hangars
Set up an account
Store your bike
When you want to store your bike, find the bike hangar you wish to use, scan the QR code on the bike hangar and start your rental.
This will then give you access to the hangar via the lock ‘button’ on your app. You can revisit the hangar at any time during your rental.
End your rental
At the end of the rental, you need to:
- access the bike hangar using the lock button on your app
- remove your bike and close the door securely
- press ‘end rental’ on your app
This is a shared facility for all residents of Chelmsford. This means you need to make sure the door is fully closed and secure when you leave it.