Please read our pre-course information to get the most out of the holiday courses at our leisure centres; Riverside Leisure Centre (RLC), Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre (CSAC), South Woodham Ferrers Leisure Centre (SWFLC) and Dovedale Sports Centre (DSC).
Before you arrive
- All courses must be booked and paid for in advance using your child's ourChelmsford card. If your child does not have an ourChelmsford card, you will need to apply for one before you can book a session.
- If you have not booked and paid for a session online, you will not be able to attend.
- All medical information and emergency contact details will need to be added to your child's ourChelmsford profile before they attend the course.
- If you have any questions prior to your course starting, please contact your centre.
- We cannot accept children on courses outside of the specified course age range, for safety and insurance purposes.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your child's course is due to start.
- There will be designated drop off and pick up zones; please make your way to the designated drop off zone at the centre.
- When you first drop your child off at any of our courses, you'll need to register them and sign them in.
- Our team will ask you to provide a password and emergency contact number. They'll also ask whether your child has any medical conditions, allergies or are taking medication.
- We will then issue you with a wristband which you will need to put on your child.
- You must collect your child from the designated collection zone at the centre.
- You should make sure that whoever is collecting your child is aware of the password you provided at registration. We cannot send a child home with anyone who doesn't know this.
- If you think you might be late, please let us know as soon as possible.
Children will need to be collected from courses early if they are
- outside the specified age range for the course
We do not allow any tablets, MP3 players or handheld computer games while on our courses, so please do not bring them. Children can only use mobile phones in an emergency.
Food and drink
Please ensure your child has a water bottle, along with snacks or a packed lunch if on a long or all-day course. Please ensure cool packs are provided with the packed lunches.
Please ensure your child has suitable clothing and shoes for their course. Please also bring water and sunscreen if the weather is hot and wet weather clothes if the course is being held outdoors.
- Swimming costume and towel, long trousers and socks, extra layers and gloves, long sleeved top and long hair tied back.
Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre (CSAC)
- Long trousers and socks, long sleeved top and long hair tied back, trainers and 6mm spike training shoes (if children already have these).
South Woodham Ferrers Leisure Centre (SWFLC)
- Swimming costume and towel, long trousers and socks and a long sleeved top with long hair tied back.
- No additional clothing is required.
Please make sure you update your child's ourChelmsford account profile. This should include any medical information which may affect them taking part, or if they are taking any medication which they may need during the course.
You can also let our staff know when booking your course, or on the day.
A parent or guardian must give a contact number which they are always contactable on, in case of an emergency.
Children who require additional support or who have accessible needs
- If your child requires any additional support or has accessible needs, please call the relevant centre before or when you book, so that we can make sure the course is suitable.
- If your child requires one-to-one care, we ask that a parent or carer is present for the session. Carers can attend for free, and will need to book onto the same session with their child. This is so that we can ensure we have the correct number of people in centre at any one time. Please call the relevant centre so that we can book you onto the relevant course.
Discounts and child care vouchers
Early Bird discount
- An Early Bird discount is available on our Mini and City Camps only, until the Tuesday two weeks before the start of each school holiday.
- You can find out the date that the discount ends.
- A 15% sibling discount is available on our kids holiday courses, except those run by external providers.
- For City and Mini Camps, sibling discounts are available once the early bird discount has ended. You can find out about the discount dates.
- Siblings must be booked on courses at the same time to receive the discount.
- If booking in person, keyworkers can show their NHS ID, Blue Light Card, Staff ID card, or Defence Discount Service card in person
- Sibling discounts can only booked by phone Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm at Riverside, Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre and South Woodham Ferrers Leisure centre, and after 5pm at Dovedale Leisure Centre. The discounts cannot be booked online and cannot be used together.
Please call the relevant centre directly to book:
- Riverside: 01245 615050
- Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre: 01245 605666
- South Woodham Ferrers Leisure Centre: 01245 605600
- Dovedale Sports Centre: 01245 605685
- Childcare vouchers can be used to pay for all courses, except those run by external providers.
- Childcare vouchers can be used up to two weeks before the start of the holiday. This is the Tuesday two weeks before the start of the school holiday.
- Find out more about how to pay using childcare vouchers.
- 15% sibling discount is available on our holiday courses from the date advertised until the end of the holiday.
Once you have booked a session, you cannot change the date or venue.
You will not be entitled to a refund for cancellations made prior to the course starting and/or sessions not attended. We can only offer a refund or change of date, if your child is unable to attend due to a medical condition. To claim your refund, you will need to provide either:
- a note from your GP
- a note from a doctor at the hospital
- proof of medication, such as a prescription
Whilst every effort is made to ensure all courses run, courses that have less than the minimum number of participants required may be cancelled. If we cancel a course for any reason, well offer a refund via cheque or by credit or debit card.
All children attending RLC or SWFLC City Camps will be tested by a qualified lifeguard to ensure they can swim 25m unaided. If your child can't, they won't be able to take part in swim activities in the deep end of the pool, for safety reasons.
Get two months membership 50% off!*
Get a head start on your New Year's Resolutions with Chelmsford City Sports (*terms and conditions apply)
Festive fun this December!
Endless fun with our half term camps and courses! Perfect for ages 0 to 16.
Upgrade and save
Get a Plus account and save on a range of activities for just £13 per year.