Make a bid on a property
If you find a property on HomeOption that meets your needs, you need to bid on it to register your interest.
If we have prioritised your banding because we owe you a statutory main homelessness duty and you do not place bids on properties, we will place bids for you.
This is in line with our Allocations Policy and your homelessness section 184 decision letter.
To bid on a property, you will need:
- your HomeOption Identification Number (HOIN)
- your date of birth
You can bid on up to three properties every week, but only if they meet your needs.
You shouldn't bid on properties that are:
- too big or too small for your needs
- specially adapted for a disability and you don't have this need
- sheltered accommodation for the over 60s or disabled and you are not in these categories
- age restricted accommodation and you do not meet the required age
- family houses, if you do not have children under 16 years old
The housing associations add new properties to HomeOption every Friday. You need to bid on the properties before bidding ends at 1pm the following Wednesday to register your interest.
We do not assess bids on a first come first served basis, so you can make bids at any point during this time.
If you can't make bids online yourself, we can set up an 'auto bidding' function on your application. If you would like this set up, you can contact us.
Why an application may be removed
You can view our Allocations Policy to read the reasons why an application may be removed.