If you think people are living in a House of Multiple Occupation (HMO) that doesn’t have a licence, you can report it to us.
You can look at GOV.UK to check what makes a property an HMO.
You can also check our register of HMOs that do have a licence, before you make your report.
To report a suspected HMO, you will need:
- the address or location of the HMO
- the property type
- to tell us how many people you think are living there
- to tell us what you are concerned about, such as disrepair or overcrowding
- any contact details you have, such as for the landlord of the property
- your name, address and contact details
Once we receive your report, we will:
- acknowledge it within three working days
- investigate the property
- contact you to update you on the progress of our investigation