Your tenancy agreement or license agreement is a weekly agreement and runs each week, from Monday to Sunday.
Rent becomes due on the Monday of each week or part week that you occupy your temporary accommodation.
Your tenancy agreement or license agreement will confirm the amount of rent due each Monday for your property. You may want to make a claim for Housing Benefit, which could reduce the amount of rent you have to pay.
You should always arrange to bring your account up to date immediately.
We have several different payment methods available for you to pay your rent for temporary accommodation.
You can pay your rent online using a debit or credit card.
To pay your rent online, you will need:
- your account number (this is seven characters long, and you can find it on temporary accommodation documents from us)
- to know the amount that you need to pay
- your card details, including the card number, CSV number, and start and expiry date
- your email address
By standing order
You can pay your rent by standing order through your band or building society account.
Our bank details are:
- Account name: Chelmsford City Council
- Sort code: 60-05-13
- Account number: 55600018
- Reference: your tenancy reference
You will need to use your tenant reference number as the payment reference if you pay by standing order.
You can pay your rent by phone using a debit or credit card.
The payment phone number is 01245 606960.
You will receive an Allpay payment card when your tenancy agreement or license agreement starts. It can take up to 10 working days to arrive.
You can pay your rent in cash using your Allpay payment card at a Post Office or PayPoint outlet.
If you choose this payment method, you will need to pay by Wednesday morning for the payment to reach your rent account in time.
If you do not have an Allpay payment card or you have lost or damaged your card, call us on 01245 606960and we will order a new card for you.
You can visit the Allpay websiteto find your nearest Post Office or PayPoint outlet.
By the MyTenancy App
To view your rent account online, download and register for the MyTenancy App.
- create an account (with your email address)
- set up a password
- activate your account (you will receive a link in an email, make sure you check your junk inbox)
- log in
- add your tenancy reference key and date of birth
If you don't know your tenancy reference key, you can call us on 01245 606960.