Rough sleepers

If you are concerned about someone who you think is rough sleeping, you can send an alert to StreetLink.

Advice if you think it is unsafe to stay due to the condition of the property

You need to contact your landlord if your property needs repairs, as it is their responsibility to carry them out.

If you have contacted your landlord and they have taken no action, you can contact our Housing Standards team.

If the condition of the property means it's unsafe for you to stay there, you need to contact your landlord to see if they can offer you somewhere else to stay. They may have insurance that will cover the situation.

Finding somewhere to stay

If you want to find somewhere to stay, you can look at our advice about improving your housing situation. You can find out about renting privately, asking family or friends and getting more help.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.