If your circumstances change, you have one month from the date of the change to tell us about it. You will also have to give us evidence of the change.

To tell us about a change in circumstance, you can call us on: 01245 606400. Choose option 1, and then option 1 again.

To report a change of circumstances, you will need:

  • your name, address and contact details
  • your benefits claim number, which starts with 100
  • the date each change happened or is going to happen
  • full information about each change

If there is a change in circumstance, you might be getting the wrong amount of Council Tax Reduction. If you don’t get enough Council Tax Reduction, you will lose money if you don’t tell us about the change. If you get too much Council Tax Reduction, we will add the incorrect amount to your Council Tax account. You will then have to pay this back to us, along with the rest of your Council Tax bill.

You need to tell us if you or anyone living with you:

  • has a change of income
  • has a change of savings or capital
  • moves in or out of your home
  • changes job (including working hours or employer)
  • leaves home temporarily (to go to hospital or to prison)
  • has a change in other benefits
  • has a change in rent

If you claim Council Tax Reduction, you are responsible for reporting any change in circumstance. You can’t rely on anyone else to report the change for you.

If you can’t tell us about a change in circumstance by phone, you can download and complete a change of circumstance form. When you have completed the form, you can return it to us at the Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre.

Benefit fraud

You need to report any change in circumstance. If don’t let us know about a change in circumstance, you will be committing benefit fraud.

You can find out about benefit fraud on GOV.UK.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.