Tell us about a change of address
If you have moved to a different property, you need to tell us your new address for Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit purposes.
We also need to know about any changes to your tenancy, household and rent.
The form will take about 20 minutes to complete. You can save the form at any time.
The complete the form, you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- your National Insurance number
- your bank details
Once you have notified us about your change of address, you must send the supporting evidence to us.
You have one month from the date you notified us about your change of address.
If you don't supply us with the correct evidence, we may not be able to pay you Housing Benefit.
We can start to work on your claim, but we will not be able to pay you any Housing Benefit until we have all the supporting evidence.
You need to send us:
- your tenancy agreement (all pages) or proof of your last rent increase
- the notice of registration form (RO5) if you have a protected or regulated tenancy (your rent that the rent service has agreed)
- a full breakdown of all the service charges you or your partner pay
- a referral application, and documents about the care, support or supervision you or your partner get, or a letter from your landlord or their agent, that shows:
- how much rent you pay
- how often you pay your rent
- when the tenancy start, and
- which services, if any, are included in your rent
How to return information, forms and evidence
You can submit your completed form and evidence online, by post or in person.
Find out how to submit your evidence.