Chelmsford City Council


If you (or your partner) are of working age, you may not be able to make a new claim for Housing Benefit. Instead, you will need to apply for Universal Credit to help pay your rent. 

You can find out whether you need to claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit.

If you are applying for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction at the same time, you only need to fill in the application form once.

We can only discuss your benefit claim with you, or with someone who has authority to discuss.

Once you have made your application, you will need to submit your evidence.


Mandatory field

Is there something wrong with this page?

Go to:

You are here »Home»Benefits