Ducklings swim school
We believe that everyone should learn to swim and that it should be fun.
We offer 30 minute swimming lessons for children aged 3 and 4, which follows the ASA Learn to Swim Framework which will gives children everything they need to feel comfortable and confident in the water.
Our Swim school uses the ASA Learn to Swim Pathway, a nationally recognised scheme, which will help your child work towards everything they need to be skilled and confident in the water.
Our qualified instructors will boost your child’s confidence and motivate them through every stage of their Learn to Swim journey.
Each stage has a different aim and set of skills that your child will develop through their 30-minute weekly lessons. As your child improves and becomes more confident, they will move up to the next stage.
Our lessons run continually throughout the year and even better when you apply, you'll be able to enjoy a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free swimming for all swim students at any public swim session
- quick, easy direct debit payments spread the cost of payments across the year
- the option to move students up at their own pace, rather than having to wait until the end of a term
- free books and a free swimming bag (please speak to your swimming instructor)
- regular online feedback with our Course Pro home portal; log in any time to view weekly progress and achievements
- £23.50 per month Direct Debit for daytime lessons.
- £29.50 per month Direct Debit for evening and weekend lessons.
How to register
Our swimming lessons are currently full, so we are not taking on any new starters.
You can check this page regularly for updates, and we will reopen bookings when we have space.
If your enquiry is related to something else, you can contact us.
Lessons are on:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 9.15am to 11.45am
- Thursday afternoons: 1.30pm to 2.30pm
- Saturdays: 9.30am to 11.30am
Courses cost £23.50 monthly Direct Debit, for daytime lessons or £29.50 for evening and weekend lessons.
How to register
To register your child for our Get In! Swim School, complete an enquiry form online, or enquire in centre.
When you register, let us know what day or time you'd prefer.
- For Ducklings (ages 3 and 4), parents will need to stay for the duration of the lesson, but not in the water.
- Spectators are allowed for all sessions, including siblings.
- Using the ASA Learn to Swim Programme, we will assess your child’s swimming ability and place them into the appropriate stage in the programme.
- If your child needs any additional support, please just let us know.
Our Easter ice show is back!
Journey into wonderland with our amateur production of Alice in Wonderland on ice!
Not tomorrow. Today!
Take advantage of your free* trial this February.
Easter fun for everyone!
Discover our kids holiday camps and courses, plus our creche, soft play, family swim and family ice skating.
Term time sports schools
Term time lessons for kids in swimming, ice skating and athletics.
Get active around Chelmsford
From Heart and Sole walks to Forever Fit and Play in the Park, discover sport and activity all over Chelmsford.
Upgrade and save
Get a Plus account and save on a range of activities for just £15 per year.
Interested in a career in leisure? Apply for one of our diverse opportunities across all four centres.