Short mat bowls
Join one of our fun and social Short Mat Bowls sessions at Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre (CSAC).
Short Mat Bowls is a social sport played indoors and our sessions are a fun way to learn how to play bowls and improve your skills in a friendly and relaxed environment.
Games are played between teams of two (pairs) or three (triples) usually over six ‘ends’. These sessions are for those who have played before and those who would like to try something new.
Equipment is provided but if you would like to bring your own bowls please do.
- Wednesday: 10am to 12pm
- £3.90 per person per session
- If you want to use a locker, you will need a £1 coin to release the key. You will get the £1 back when you return the key. Lockers are located in the gym.
- There is a male group changing area and a female group changing area.
- Accessible changing is available on poolside at all times, or near to the gym after 5pm.
We recommend that you book in advance. You may be able to get a ticket on the door, however we cannot guarantee availability.
- book online with an ourChelmsford card or book via the app
- book by calling the centre
- book when you visit the centre
You can book:
- seven days in advance if you have an ourChelmsford Premium or Plus card
- two days in advance if you have an ourChelmsford Lite
If you want to cancel your booking, you need to cancel at least 2 hours before it starts either online or by calling the centre. We will charge you the full amount for the class if you do not cancel in time, or if you do not attend.
Get two months membership 50% off!*
Get a head start on your New Year's Resolutions with Chelmsford City Sports (*terms and conditions apply)
Festive fun this December!
Endless fun with our half term camps and courses! Perfect for ages 0 to 16.
Upgrade and save
Get a Plus account and save on a range of activities for just £13 per year.