Rough sleepers

If you are concerned about someone who you think is rough sleeping, you can send an alert to StreetLink.

If you are a tenant in a privately rented property, you have certain rights and responsibilities.

You can find more information about private renting on GOV.UK including:

  • your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
  • advice about repairs, rent disputes and deposits

Shelter also provides advice on:

  • finding a home with a private landlord
  • paying rent and other costs
  • rental agreements
  • problems during a tenancy
  • what to do when you leave a property

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.