Rough sleepers

If you are concerned about someone who you think is rough sleeping, you can send an alert to StreetLink.

You will not qualify for a loan if:

  • you live outside the Chelmsford City Council area
  • the property is less than 10 years old
  • the property has benefited from loan assistance within the last 10 years
  • you request a loan to fix issues caused by poor workmanship

You will not be considered a priority for a loan if:

  • you have owned and lived in your property for less than three years
  • your property is in Council tax band F to H

If you do not claim any benefits, you will need to complete a means test so that we can work out if you are eligible. This is to help us direct our funding to homeowners who are least able to pay for essential repair works to their property. 

We will make the final decision about if the works are eligible or not, based on an inspection and assessment by a Council officer.


Your details


Data protection declaration: We are a Data Controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. We hold and process all personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. For more information, you can read our privacy policy and privacy notices.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.