Rough sleepers

If you are concerned about someone who you think is rough sleeping, you can send an alert to StreetLink.

You can apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) if:

  • you or a member of your family has a disability
  • you need to adapt your home to make it suitable for a person with disabilities

You can check GOV.UK for information about what you’ll get and who can apply for a DFG.

You can find more information about a Disabled Facilities Grant in our Housing Assistance Policy.

To apply for a DFG, you need to contact the occupational therapy team from Essex County Council’s Adult Social Care.

Once we receive a recommendation from your occupational therapist, we will check your eligibility. If you are eligible, we will arrange a visit to your property.

We will then decide if the occupational therapist’s recommendations are reasonable and practical.

After the visit, we will decide whether to award you a Disabled Facilities Grant.

If you are successful, we will send you an application pack which you need to complete and send back to us.

You can start work once we have approved your application.

Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) referral

Make a referral

If you are an occupational therapist or a representative of a social housing association, you can make a referral on behalf of someone else for a Disabled Facilities Grant.

To make a referral you will need:

  • details of the person you are referring
  • occupational therapist details

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.