Rough sleepers

If you are concerned about someone who you think is rough sleeping, you can send an alert to StreetLink.

Advice if your employer provides your accommodation

If your employer provides your accommodation, you are living in tied accommodation.

Tied accommodation comes with different rights depending on your circumstances. You can look at Shelter to find out about these rights.

If your employer has asked you to leave because your employment is ending, you might be able to find another job that has tied accommodation. If you work in an industry that often has tied accommodation, there could be something available somewhere else.

If you do find another job, you may be able to negotiate an extension to your accommodation with your current employer. If this is possible, you would be able stay in your current accommodation, before moving to the new accommodation when your job starts.


Finding somewhere to stay

If you want to find somewhere to stay, you can look at our advice about improving your housing situation. You can find out about renting privately, asking family or friends and getting more help.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.