Rough sleepers

If you are concerned about someone who you think is rough sleeping, you can send an alert to StreetLink.

Advice if you think it's unsafe due to other violence

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, you need to call 999.

You need to report it to the police if you are experiencing violence or threats from outside your home. The police may arrest, caution or charge the person responsible. They can also give you advice about safety in the home, or refer you to us for help if they need to.

If the police think your home is safe, you can stay there. However, if you do not want to stay in your home, you could try and stay with people you know until the situation changes.

Finding somewhere to stay

If you want to find somewhere to stay, you can look at our advice about improving your housing situation. You can find out about renting privately, asking family or friends and getting more help.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.