Rough sleepers

If you are concerned about someone who you think is rough sleeping, you can send an alert to StreetLink.

Advice if you are coming out of prison and have housing problems

If you are worried about your housing on release, the first point of contact is the prison. There may be a housing advice and resettlement service to help you.

Your probation worker will able to be able to offer you housing advice and make referrals for you.

The prison or probation service has a legal duty to refer you to us if they consider you to be at risk of homelessness.

You can look at Shelter for general housing advice for prisoners and ex-offenders.

You can also download a factsheet from the National Homelessness Advice Service about your housing options.

Finding somewhere to stay

If you want to find somewhere to stay, you can look at our advice about improving your housing situation. You can find out about renting privately, asking family or friends and getting more help.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.