Rough sleepers

If you are concerned about someone who you think is rough sleeping, you can send an alert to StreetLink.

Advice if you are a care leaver and have housing problems

If you have been in care and are worried about your housing, social services can provide advice and support.

The assistance they can give you and how long for depends on your age and circumstances.

Your personal adviser will be able to give you more information. You can look at Essex County Council to check who the personal adviser is on your area.

Social services may have a legal duty to refer you to us if they consider you to be at risk of homelessness. 

You can also download a factsheet from the National Homelessness Advice Service about your housing options.  

Finding somewhere to stay

If you want to find somewhere to stay, you can look at our advice about improving your housing situation. You can find out about renting privately, asking family or friends and getting more help.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.