Chelmsford City Council

Caravan and camping sites

Apply now

You need a licence if you operate a residential caravan or camping site in the Chelmsford area.

You can look at GOV.UK for information about who needs a licence, licence restrictions and the penalties for operating without one.

To apply for a licence, you will need to:

  • complete the application form
  • pay the correct fee

The fee you will need to pay depends on the size of your site. You can download our fee policy to check how much you need to pay.

Once we receive your application, we will notify you of our decision within three months.

If we grant your licence, it will be valid unless you surrender it or we revoke it.

Although you do not need to renew your licence each year, you will need to pay an annual fee. You will need to pay the fee on the same date as when we granted your licence.      


Transfer or change your licence

Apply for a change

If you want to transfer your licence from one licence holder to another or make any changes to your licence, you need to:

  • submit an application

  • pay the correct fee

Once receive your application, we will notify you of our decision.

    Mandatory field

    Is there something wrong with this page
    Last updated: 18 April 2018

    Go to: