Transfer a licence
When a licensed premises transfers from one owner to another, it is the responsibility of the new owner to ensure they have the correct licence.
If you are the new owner, you need to transfer the existing licence into your name.
To transfer a licence, you will need to:
- download and fill in your application form
- upload your completed application form
- include the original premises licence with your application
- include a signed consent form from the existing licence holder
- pay the fee of £23
- send a copy of your application to Essex Police and the Home Office
You will also need to vary the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS), if the DPS is changing.
Please wait message
If you seeing a 'Please wait...' message when viewing the application form, it means you are opening the document in a browser, rather than in dedicated Adobe software. You can read our guidance on how to open the application form.
You can print this form
You can also download and print the application form. If you decide to download and print your application, you will need to return it to us by post or in person.
What happens next
Once we receive your application, we will:
- acknowledge it within three working days
- contact you to confirm that we have transferred the licence