Submit an interim authority notice
You can submit an interim authority notice if you are the owner or employee at a licensed premises and the licence holder:
- dies suddenly
- becomes insolvent
- is mentally incapable
The interim authority notice prevents the licence from lapsing, and reinstates the licence.
If you submit the interim authority notice, you will become the licence holder.
To submit an interim authority notice, you will need to:
- download and fill in your the application form
- upload your completed application form
- submit your notice within 28 days from the day after the licence lapsed
- pay the £23 fee
Please wait message
If you seeing a 'Please wait...' message when viewing the application form, it means you are opening the document in a browser, rather than in dedicated Adobe software. You can read our guidance on how to open the application form.
You can print this form
You can also download and print the application form. If you decide to download and print your application, you will need to return it to us by post or in person.
What happens next
Once we receive your application, we will:
- acknowledge it within three working days
- contact you to confirm whether we have transferred the licence