Garden waste collections

Due to operational issues, we have had to reschedule food waste collection for some areas of Springfield and garden waste collection for some areas of Boreham on Friday 30 September 2022. We have rescheduled the collections for Saturday 1 October 2022. 

You can view a list of affected roads.

To recycle food waste, you have a grey kitchen caddy for use inside your home and a green external bin that we empty.

As a general rule, you can recycle all food waste, cooked or raw, including bones.

You can check what you can put it your food waste bins by looking at our list.

If you can't find the item you want to dispose of in this list, you can search by item instead.


We collect external food waste bins every week. You can check your collection dates by entering your postcode or address.

You should not place anything loose in your food waste bin. All food needs to be contained in a suitable bag or wrapped in newspaper.

Replacement bin

You can order online if you meed a new grey kitchen food waste caddy or a green external food waste bin.

However, you can't order more kitchen food waste caddy liners. We deliver a roll of liners to all properties once a year in September/October. If you run out, you can buy liners at supermarkets, or use newspaper.

What happens to your food waste

You can find out more about what happens to your recycling.

You can report issues with the website using this form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.


Data protection declaration: We are a Data Controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. We hold and process all personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. For more information, you can read our privacy policy and privacy notices.

Last updated: 22 September 2022