Putting your bins out
You need to put your bins, boxes and sacks on your property boundary by 7am on the morning of your collection day.
If you live:
- in a house, you can check your bin day online
- in a flat, you can read our flats recycling information
We will not collect your recycling and rubbish if you have:
- used the wrong bin, box or sack for your items
- overfilled your bin, and the lid does not fully close
- put out black sacks to the side of your bin (side waste)
The only items we will collect outside of a bin, box or sack are:
- clothes and paired shoes, if you put them out with your green recycling box in a tied carrier bag
- small waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE), if you put it in or beside your green recycling box
- extra plastics, paper and card, if you put them out in separate clear bags on your normal collection day
If you have a large item that will not fit in your bin, you can request a large item collection.
If you find it difficult to put your bins, bags and boxes out, you can request an assisted collection.
You can view or download our recycling and waste collection policy for more details.
You can also report bins on a highway.