Play in the Park
Summer Holiday Play in the Park dates available from June
Play in the Park is a series of free two-hour multi-activity sessions for children at various community and parish venues during the Easter & Summer Holidays. Join the Play Workers for sports, games, arts & crafts and free-play.
Following feedback from parents we are pleased to announce that we now cater for children aged 0-11!
Check the 'Extra Activities' section for each venue to find out about extra activities such as bouncy castles, circus skills and animal handling!
And this year, presenting activities just for the mums...The brand new woMEn TIME project is funded by Sport England from a successful bid secured by Chelmsford City Council. The aim of the project is to get more women 14yrs+ active over the next 3yrs in a fun, friendly and non-competitive environment. This year for the first time Play in the Park Women Time have teamed up to offer FREE activities for the ladies at selected venues! So why not Give it a Go, Get Back Into or start Moving more as It’s Never too Late!
Conditions for taking part:
- Ages 0-5yrs must be supervised by a parent or adult guardian at all times.
- Ages 6-11yrs can stay without parents.
- Under 8s must be dropped off and picked up by an adult (a password will be required)
- If your child is arriving alone please print, read and complete the Registration form for children arriving alone and ask your child to bring it on the day. All Children arriving alone should bring an emergency contact number.
- There is no need to pre-register; just turn up on the day and visit the registration desk.
- Please ensure your child wears suitable clothing for playing games, that they bring a drink, and that they are prepared for any weather.
Most activities are based outside but we usually go ahead whatever the weather! Gazebos provide shade and shelter for arts activities and in inclement weather.
Use the filters below to search for Play in the Park sessions in your area, or see the 'Downloads' section of this page. Please note that 'Title' filter refers to the area and they are not in alphabetical order.
If you want to be the first to hear when the summer holiday 2015 dates are available, make sure you sign up to the Community Sport & Wellbeing mailing list.
Did you know? Fun, affordable, and professionally coached sports sessions are available during the holidays too. Check out our courses and activities programme for information. Summer holiday details available from Monday 8 June!