Play in the Park
Play in the Park is a series of free two-hour multi-activity sessions for children aged 3-11 years at various community and parish venues during the Easter & Summer Holidays. Join the Play Workers for sports, games, arts & crafts and free-play.
During the summer holidays of 2015 Play Workers delivered 80 two-hour sessions at venues across Chelmsford, with around 5000 children taking part.
'Extra Activities' such as bouncy castles and animal handling visited some venues, some of which catered for younger children.
Judging by the fantastic feedback we have had from parents, the children of Chelmsford have thoroughly enjoyed the sessions once again.
We constantly review the play schemes to ensure that they are beneficial to the community and great value for money, so if you have any feedback or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your thoughts.
If you want to be the first to hear when the Easter holiday 2016 dates are available, make sure you sign up to the Community Sport & Wellbeing mailing list.
Conditions for taking part
- Ages 3-5yrs must be supervised by a parent or adult guardian at all times.
- Ages 6-11yrs can stay without parents.
- Under 8s must be dropped off and picked up by an adult (a password will be required).
- If your child is arriving alone then please read and complete the registration form for children arriving alone (which can be found under the downloads section of this page) and ask your child to bring it on the day.
- Please ensure that your child wears suitable clothing for playing games, that they bring a drink, and that they are prepared for any weather.