Play in the Park
Summer 2014 Play in the Park programme in full swing!
Play in the Park is a series of free two-hour multi-activity sessions for children aged 6-11 at various community and parish venues during the Easter & Summer Holidays. Join the Play Workers for sports, arts, crafts, games and free-play.
Check the 'Extra Activities' section for each venue to find out about extra activities such as bouncy castles, circus skills and animal handling! Some sessions include 'Extra Activities' which cater for younger children; see venue-specific pages for details.
Conditions for taking part:
- Children aged 6-11 can stay without parents. Children aged under 6 must be supervised by a parent or guardian aged over 18 at all times.
- Children aged under 8 must be dropped off and picked up by an adult. A password will be required.
- If your child is arriving alone please print, read and complete the Registration form for children arriving alone and ask your child to bring it on the day.
- Children aged under 6 may only take part in free-play with their parents, or 'Extra Activities' that cater specifically for their age group
- There is no need to pre-register; just turn up on the day and visit the registration desk.
- Please ensure your child wears suitable clothing for playing games, that they bring a drink, and that they are prepared for any weather.
Most activities are based outside but we usually go ahead whatever the weather! Gazebos provide shade and shelter for arts activities and in inclement weather.
If you want to be the first to hear when the Summer dates are available, make sure you sign up to the Community Sport & Wellbeing mailing list.
Use the filters below to search for Play in the Park sessions in your area, or see the 'Downloads' section of this page. Please note that 'Title' filter refers to the area and they are not in alphabetical order.
If you can't see a venue listed, Play in the Park is not taking place there.