Play in the Park
Easter 2014 Play in the Park programme now available!
Play in the Park is a series of free two-hour multi-activity sessions for children aged 6-11 at various community and parish venues during the Easter & Summer Holidays. Join the Play Workers for sports, arts, crafts, games and free-play.
Some sessions will cater for younger children; check programme for details. Look out for the sessions with extra activities such as bouncy castles, circus skills and animal handling!
Conditions for taking part:
- Children aged 6-11 can stay without parents. Children aged under 6 must be supervised by a parent or guardian aged over 18 at all times.
- Children aged under 8 must be dropped off and picked up by an adult. A password will be required.
- If your child is arriving alone please ensure they bring an emergency contact number with them.
- There is no need to pre-register; just turn up on the day and visit the registration desk.
- Please ensure your child wears suitable clothing for playing games, that they bring a drink, and that they are prepared for any weather.
Most activities are based outside. Gazebos provide shade and shelter for arts activities and in inclement weather.
If you want to be the first to hear when the Summer dates are available, make sure you sign up to the Community Sport & Wellbeing mailing list.
Use the filters below to search for suitable dates & venues, or see the 'Downloads' section of this page.
Some venues are hosting Play in the Park during just one holiday, so if you can't see a venue listed, Play in the Park is not taking place there.