Report your move

If you have moved within or out of Chelmsford, you need to tell us you have moved so we can update your Council Tax account.

To notify us about the change, you will need to tell us:

  • the date you moved in
  • details of your old and new address
  • details of anyone who is moving in with you

You will also need to tell us:

If another adult moves into your property

You need to cancel your single person discount as soon as another adult moves into your property. 

Authority to discuss

We can only discuss your Council Tax account with you, or with someone who has authority to discuss.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.