To vary, transfer or surrender your Part A(2) or Part B permit, you will need to:

  • download the relevant application form below relating to the change
  • complete the form
  • return the form to us using the address on the form or submit it online, along with the correct fee 

Decision timescales for changes

We will issue a decision about:

  • a substantial variation within four months or receiving your application
  • a non-substantial variation within three months of receiving your application
  • an application to transfer the permit within two months of receiving your application

If we need more time to make a decision about a permit change, renewal or transferral, we will contact you to agree new timescales.

Annual charges

You do not need to renew your permit each year, but you do need to pay an annual charge.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.