Apply for a review
You can apply for a review of an existing licence if you are experiencing problems with a premises.
The problems must be relevant to the four licensing objectives.
Before you apply for a review, you should consider whether your problems could be dealt with outside of the formal review process.
- talk to the licence holder, to find out if there are any steps they are willing to take to solve the problems
- ask your local councillor or MP to speak to the licence holder on your behalf
- talk to the relevant responsible authority, to find out if other legislation could help solve the problem. For example, if there is a noise nuisance, you can report it to us and we can investigate
If these options have been unsuccessful, or are not suitable for your situation, you can apply for a review.
To apply for a review, you will need:
- to download and complete the application form, which includes:
- your name, address and contact details
- the name, address and contact details of the premises and licensee
- a detailed description of the problems you are experiencing
- to return your application form to us by post
- to give a copy of your application to the premises you are experiencing problems with, and each of the responsible authorities
You need to give the copy of your application to the premises and responsible authorities in the same way you return it to us. We will not forward it on your behalf.
For example, if you post your application to us, you also need to post it to the premises and responsible authorities at the same time. If you do post your application, you should get proof of postage.
If you do not send your application to the relevant recipients in the same way at the same time, your application will not be valid.
What happens next
Once we receive your application, we will:
- acknowledge it within three working days
- undertake the review
- contact you if we need any further information
- notify you of the outcome of our review
We can reject an application if it:
- does not relate to a licensing objective
- is a repetitive complaint
- is considered minor or trivial