Athletics holiday courses
Ready, set go! Our fun athletics holiday courses teach children aged 4 to 14 the basic concepts of running, jumping and throwing.
The indoor and outdoor athletics tracks at Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre (CSAC) offers a fantastic range of athletics courses during the school holidays.
Athletics (ages 8 to 12)
Our Athletics course offers children professional athletics performance coaching, delivered by experienced instructors and tailored to your child’s age.
Children will learn to improve their athletics skills in sprints/block starts, long jump, high jump, hurdles and endurance running. Children will also learn exercises to help improve their fitness. This course runs on our outdoor athletics track.
Multi-skills athletics (ages 4 to 7)
Our multi-skills athletics sessions cover the six fundamentals of athletics training: strength, power, coordination, flexibility, balance and agility.
Children also learn the key skills needed in running (sprints, sprint starts, hurdles, relays, endurance running) jumping (long jump, triple jump, high jump) and throwing (shot put, javelin, discus). Our fully qualified instructor will help children improve their athletics skills in these fun sessions.
Workshops (ages 8 to 14)
- Jumps workshop: This 3 hour jumps specific day will look at Long Jump, Triple Jump and High Jump.
- Throws workshop: This 3 hour jumps specific day will look at Shot Put, Discus and Javelin.
- Run workshop: This 3 hour jumps specific day will look at sprinting, hurdling and middle distance running.
Day(s) and times running
1-day Athletics (ages 8 to 12)
- Thursday 22 December, 9am to 1pm
1-day Multi-skills athletics (ages 4 to 7)
- Thursday 22 December, 2pm to 4pm
- 1-day Athletics: £23.60 for 1 days (full price)
- 1-day Multi-skills athletics: £11.80 for 1 day (full price)
- You can also pay using Childcare vouchers.
- We offer a 15% sibling discount when you book two siblings onto our courses at the same time.
- Please call the centre direct on 01245 605666 to book.
Please ensure children wear sports clothes and trainers and do not wear jeans.
Children need to bring a non-fizzy drink, a nut-free snack, plus lunch for an all-day course.