Start or improve your run training at Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre (CSAC).
Running is a great and simple workout that boosts your cardiovascular health, stamina, and general fitness.
Our 5k running workshops at CSAC are designed for you to improve your technique, stamina and overall performance for long distance runs and are great preparation for Parkrun.
Workshops include interval training sessions held on our outdoor athletics track and in local parks.
Day and times
- Wednesdays, 6.50pm to 8.10pm
- ourChelmsford Lite card holder: £7.90
- ourChelmsford Plus card holder: £6.60
We recommend that you book in advance. You may be able to get a ticket on the door, however we cannot guarantee availability.
- book online with an ourChelmsford card or book via the app
- book by calling the centre
- book when you visit the centre
You can book:
- seven days in advance if you have an ourChelmsford Premium or Plus card
- two days in advance if you have an ourChelmsford Lite
If you want to cancel your booking, you need to cancel at least 24 hours before it starts either online or by calling the centre. We will charge you the full amount for the class if you do not cancel in time, or if you do not attend.
- 5k running workshops are suitable for those aged 14 years and over.
- You will need to collect a ticket from reception when you arrive for your workshop.
- You will not be allowed to enter the workshop if it has already been running for 5 minutes or more.
Lockers and changing rooms
- If you want to use a locker, you will need a £1 coin to release the key. You will get the £1 back when you return the key.
- There is a male group changing area and a female group changing area.
- Accessible changing facilities are available.
Our Easter ice show is back!
Journey into wonderland with our amateur production of Alice in Wonderland on ice!
Not tomorrow. Today!
Take advantage of your free* trial this February.
Easter fun for everyone!
Discover our kids holiday camps and courses, plus our creche, soft play, family swim and family ice skating.
Term time sports schools
Term time lessons for kids in swimming, ice skating and athletics.
Get active around Chelmsford
From Heart and Sole walks to Forever Fit and Play in the Park, discover sport and activity all over Chelmsford.
Upgrade and save
Get a Plus account and save on a range of activities for just £15 per year.
Interested in a career in leisure? Apply for one of our diverse opportunities across all four centres.