Christmas at Riverside
Come and ice skate in our magical winter wonderland at Riverside ice rink this Christmas!
This December, get into the festive spirit and come and ice skate in our magical Christmas winter wonderland at Riverside ice rink.
Skate in the snow in our beautifully decorated rink, soak up the festive atmosphere and sing along to your favourite Christmas songs. Then warm up afterwards by enjoying some festive treats at our mezzanine café.
You might even be able to catch a glimpse of a special guest visiting from the South Pole; our mascot Pops the penguin!
You can enjoy skating in our winter wonderland from 03 December right the way through to New Years Eve.
Penguin and snowman skating aids will be available for hire for children to enjoy safe, fun skating.
Weekends: 10am to 12pm and 2.30pm to 4.30pm
- 3 and 4 December
- 10 and 11 December
- 17 and 18 December
Christmas and New Year's Eve: 10.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3.30pm
- 24 December (Christmas Eve)
- 31 December (New Year's Eve)
Weekdays: 10.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm
- 21 to 23 December
- 27 to 30 December
ourChelmsford Lite card prices
- Standard: £8.50
- Family*: £25.50
ourChelmsford Plus Card prices
- Standard: £7.50
- Family*: £22.50
*A family ticket is one adult and three children or two adults and two children.
Prices include skate hire.
We recommend that you book our popular Christmas at Riverside skating sessions in advance.
You can book in advance using an ourChelmsford card:
- You can hire a penguin or snowman skating aid from skate hire for 30 minutes at a cost of £3.50
- To use a penguin, to your chin you must be between 0.8m and 1.2m tall
- To use a snowman, you must be over 1.2 metres tall and up to 14 years old
- If you want to use a locker, you will need a 50p coin to release the key. The 50p is non-refundable
- Changing rooms are available
- A Changing Places facility is available on poolside or by Studio 1