Over 50s classes
Keep fit, stay social and enjoy yourself at our over 50s classes and sessions.
We offer a variety of different activities and environments for over 50s to participate in physical activity at an intensity that suits their needs.
At a Forever Fit class, you will do aerobic exercise while you dance away to cheesy music in a fun atmosphere.
Low impact and low intensity, this is a perfect introduction back into exercise, or a great place to workout and make new friends.
This is a 45 minute session and is a low intensity class.
Young at Heart
This group exercise class aims to help everyone improve their mobility, confidence and posture to aid in fall prevention.
You will work at your own pace through seated or standing for mobility, stretching and strengthening exercises. An expert instructor will be on hand at all times to advise and assess.
This class is suitable if you suffer from:
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Heart Bypass
- Joint Replacements
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal Surgery
- Early Onset Dementia/Alzheimer's
Join your fellow class goers for a cup of tea or coffee after the class which is included in the cost.
This session runs for 60 minutes, is low impact and is low intensity.
- Forever fit: £5.10
- Young at heart: £5
- Forever fit: Not applicable
- Young at heart: £4.30
Save money by upgrading to a monthly Premium membership
Our exercise classes are very popular, we advise booking in advance.
- book online or via the app with an ourChelmsford card
- book by calling 01245 615050
- book when you visit Riverside
You can book onto classes:
- You will need to book a session in advance to guarantee your space.
- If you do not check-in, we will charge you the full amount for the session.
- Please make sure that you have registered your email address with us in order to book online.
- You will need to collect a ticket from reception when you arrive for your class.
- Monthly members can swipe through the barrier and register their attendance.
- You will not be allowed entrance to any class if it has already started.
- To allow time for changeovers, classes will finish five minutes before the advertised time.
- If you want to use a locker on poolside, you will need a £1 coin to release the key. You will get the £1 back when you return the key.
- There is a male group changing area and a female group changing area located on poolside.
- Accessible changing facilities are located on poolside.
The pools complex, including the changing area is a shoe-free zone, this includes the removal of flip flops.