This scheme combines:
- our old Corporate Aid Scheme discretionary fund
- the neighbourhood portion of the Community Infrastructure Levy, within Chelmsford's nine un-parished wards
You can apply if you are a voluntary or community organisation who:
- works for the benefit of Chelmsford residents, and/or
- responds to infrastructure needs linked to new developments
We will allocate funding on the themes of:
- fairer and inclusive
- greener and safer place
- healthy, active and enjoyable lives
- connected Chelmsford
You can apply to the scheme if your organisation:
- operates in or for the benefit of Chelmsford residents
- is a constituted group, not for profit
- meets the eligibility criteria outlined in our guidance notes
We will not grant funds for projects that have already happened or that promote a particular religion or political belief.
If we invite you to apply following a successful expression of interest, you will need to provide proof of your eligibility.
If you have any queries relating to the criteria or grants policy, you can contact us.
Applying for a grant
We accept expressions of interest all year round.
Before completing an expression of interest, you need to read our terms and conditions. You will need to confirm you accept the terms before you can submit a form.
The Funding Panel will meet twice a year to consider all eligible applications we receive before 31 March, then before 30 September. You can read the guidance notes for further information.
The un-parished wards are: