Chelmsford City Council

We are part of the Essex Community Shield, which brings volunteers together with the people most in need of help due to coronavirus. You can find out how to get help, or how to volunteer. You can also view our latest coronavirus updates.


How we spend CIL

  • Main entrance to Langton Hall How we allocate CILFind out more about CIL, how it can be used and how we decide to allocate and spend it. You can also find out if your project is eligible for CIL funding and information on how to apply.
  • Bright and colourful new play equipment in Westlands play area Neighbourhood projectsWe allocate 15% of CIL to be spent in local neighbourhoods. The neighbourhood allocation of CIL helps to address the demands of development locally. You can view a list of all the projects in the nine unparished wards which have been funded in this way.
  • Colourful and open seating area within library Strategic projectsWe spend the majority of CIL money on infrastructure projects such as roads, schools and community facilities. You can view a list of all the projects funded from the strategic allocation of CIL.

Mandatory field

Is there something wrong with this page
Last updated: 10 January 2020