You can comment on current planning applications during the consultation period.
It is not currently possible to submit comments from a mobile or tablet device.
You need to search for the application you want to comment on. Once you have found the application, you need to select the ‘Make a Comment’ tab.
If you have a detailed comment, you may want to write it in another program, such as Microsoft Word, then paste it into Public Access. This is because sessions on Public Access time out after 30 minutes.
We will only consider comments if they relate to planning matters. Planning matters include:
- the size and scale of the proposal
- potential loss of light
- the design and appearance of the proposal
- potential loss of privacy or increased overlooking
- the impact on traffic and parking
- potential for additional noise and disturbance
- the impact on trees, landscape or existing buildings
Planning matters do not include:
- property value
- the loss of a view
- land ownership disputes
- preference for an alternative development
- competition for existing business
- the personal circumstance of the applicant
If you want us to consider your comment on a planning application, you need to provide your name and address.
If you don't, we will classify the comment as anonymous, and will not:
We will make all comments we receive publicly available.
If you submit a comment on an application we received after 1 April 2019, we will publish it online two to three days later.
If you would like to view a comment on an application we received before 1 April 2019, you can complete our online request form.
We will not display, share or consider any comments that are inappropriate, including those that are racist, inflammatory or derogatory.
If we receive comments by post or in a format that we can't copy from, we will display a summary of the comment.