Sign up to email alerts for planning applications
You can now sign up to receive email alerts about new planning applications in your area.
This allows you to create your own tailored search, so you can receive alerts every time we receive an application relevant to you.
We have also produced a guide that includes screenshots, to help guide you through the process.
You can download the instructions now.
If you would like to get alerts about future applications in a particular area, you can register and set up saved searches within Public Access.
You can save any search you have run using the Save Search button at the top of the screen. You can then choose if you would like to receive email updates for your search results. The emails come through at around 6pm every day. However, if there are no changes or new applications, you will not receive an email.
The most popular saved searches are for new applications received in a particular ward or parish.
To receive emails details of all new applications, you need to:
- Login to Public Access
- Go to the 'Search' menu, then select 'Advanced'
- Select the Ward/Parish from the drop down list
- In the 'Date Validated' field, enter a date in the past and 'Search'
- If 'no results are found', then search again using an older date
- When you have at least one result, select the 'Save Search' button
- Change the search title to something that describes what you have searched for (such as “Applications in Broomfield”)
- Select the 'Yes' radio button for the 'Notify me via email about new search results' option then 'Save'
Your search will be listed in your 'Saved Searches'. You will receive an email each evening if we have validated any applications matching your criteria, with a quick link to the application details
You can also search on keywords within an application description such as 'Extension' or 'Window' or an address for just a particular street.
You can use a combination of some or all the shown fields.
You can only save a search that has results so you may have to adjust the date fields or other fields to find applications that meet your criteria.
To view and edit your saved searches, you need to:
- Login to Public Access
- Select 'My Profile' from the menu bar
- Select the 'Saved Searches' tab
- Your saved searches will be detailed in a list
- You can sort the list by clicking on the column headings
- To perform a saved search now, click on the 'Run' button for that search
- To modify the criteria of a search, click on the 'Edit' button for that search
- To remove a search from the list, click on the 'Delete' button for that search