Take part in our survey to assess the support that businesses will need in the short, medium and longer-term, and you could win tickets to Enlightened at Hylands Estate. Complete the survey by 7 December for your chance to win.
Book a taxi inspection
We offer taxi inspections at our Freighter House test centre.
You need to book a timeslot for your inspection online, before you arrive at the test centre.
You must not leave any money in the vehicle when presenting it for inspection.
To book a taxi inspection, you will need:
- to make your booking at least 12 hours before you need the inspection
- your name, address and contact details
- your vehicle registration
- the make and model of your vehicle
- your taxi inspection number
- to tell us whether your vehicle is a private hire or hackney carriage, and is petrol or diesel
- to pay the £66 fee, using a debit or credit card (we don't accept American Express)
Once we receive your booking, we will:
- acknowledge your booking and payment automatically by email and text message
- confirm your timeslot
- send you a reminder 24 hours before your inspection
On the day of your inspection, you will need to:
- arrive 15 minutes before your timeslot at Freighter House, Drovers Way, Chelmsford, CM2 5PH
- report to the public reception area when you arrive
- wait in the public reception area while we carry out your inspection
If you cancel your inspection less than 24 hours before your appointment, we will still charge you the full amount.
If your vehicle fails the inspection or MOT, you need to take it for repair.
We will carry out a free re-test after repairs if you return within 10 working days of the failure date.
You will still need to book a timeslot before you return for the free re-test.